Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Unadulterated No-Bake Cookies

Time: 10 minutes
Dough: You should have everything already

I've tried many no-bake cookies in my life, thanks to our church's propensity towards potlucks, and these are the best I've had yet. This came from my friend Jamison's family, and I'm pretty sure she (and these cookies) are the reason for my freshmen 15. These no-bakes are just plain chocolate, but I've added 1/4 cup of peanut butter and they turn out great too.

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups old fashioned (REAL) Oatmeal

In a saucepan combine 2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup butter. Turn heat on to med - high and bring it to a boil. Take off heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp. salt and 3 cups of oatmeal. Stir all together. On a cookie sheet covered with wax paper place drops to form cookies. Put in fridge to set, eat when hardened (or in the freezer if you're impatient). Sometimes they are hard to get off of the wax paper. The best way I've found to pry them off is to pull the wax paper taught around each cookie as you do it.

No comments: