Monday, September 24, 2007

Taco Salad with Cilantro Ranch

How long it took me: 20 minutes
Cost: $10
If you've ever been to Bajio or Cafe Rio, then I think you will be a fan of this salad. I wanted to recreate my favorite salad from their menu and I think I succeeded. The ranch dressing is so good, and I know my ranch!


This recipe serves two.
You'll need:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 packet taco seasoning
Your favorite Ranch dressing
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tbs Tapatio Sauce
4 cups lettuce
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 tortilla
Olive Oil
Garlic salt

Tortilla Strips: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut tortilla into thin strips with a pizza cutter. Place in rows onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 4 minutes, at most, or until they appear crispy.
Beef: Cook ground beef in a sauce pan, drain. Follow seasoning packet instructions and let stand. Dressing: In a blender, combine ranch dressing, tapatio sauce, and cilantro. Puree for 30 seconds.
Put it all together: Mix the salad, cheese, avocado, tomato and ground beef. Place on plates, drizzle with dressing and garnish with tortilla strips.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

So the tortilla strips worked out huh? I'm good! Well it looks like a good salad! I may have to try it sometime! Can we see some more of your work? Or some more of your life?