Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Coconut)

How long it took me: 10 min prep
Cost: Everything you already have in your cupboards
This is my friend Amy's recipe. I'm glad she gave it to me, because anyone who's ever tasted these loves them. I've tweaked the recipe just a little bit so they don't end up flat.


You'll Need:
2 cup flour (actually, just a little less)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
3 cups chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal uncooked

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs. Add flour mixture (flour, soda, salt.) Add chocolate chips and coconut, then add oatmeal until blended.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: