Friday, November 30, 2007

Pesto Goodness

Time it took me: 5 minutes
Money, Money: $7
This is basic pesto sauce that can be used for pasta, pizza, chicken...or just about anything. I love anything with pesto in it-you will definitely be seeing this used in many further recipes. Stay tuned for Pesto Gelato, or maybe not.


Now, this isn't the most appetizing photo, but it depicts my handy tip--Pour Pesto into an ice cube tray and freeze, then wrap each Pesto Pop individually. They are each a serving.

You'll Need:
4 oz basil leaves, stalks removed and torn into pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
3-4 cloves garlic crushed
2 oz pine kernels or walnuts
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan/Romano mix
1 1/4 cup olive oil

Puree all ingredients in a blender, salt and pepper to taste, then pour into ice cube tray.

I think I doubled this recipe to fill one ice cube tray. I bought a crate of basil from the grocery store. (the pesto has lasted us 2 months...and still going)



1 comment:

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

you lie! This took Tom and I like 30 minutes to make. We had to peel and wash the basil, crush the garlic, and try to fit a double batch into our blender (and then blend it in the bathroom so Celia wouldn't wake up). But I hope it works out. Tom's blending right now.